Are you looking for the best horse riding helmets? then you are in the right place. Helmets have a vital role in horse riding. You can avoid most of the head injuries in horse riding. No matter how slow you ride the horse you need a helmet because the head is the most vulnerable part of a human body.
So many cowboys like the speedy horse riding and for them choosing the right helmet is much needed. Maybe in a big accident helmets can not avoid your head injuries but it will definitely increase your survival rate in the equestrian world.
Horse riding is one of the most dangerous sport played in the world and most of the injuries occur in the upper part of the body. So you definitely need a helmet before riding a horse to avoid injuries in the head.
Always check if your horse riding helmet is American society of testing and materials (ASTM) approved. It shows the quality of your equestrians helmet.
So to avoid your stress of finding the best horse riding helmet for yourself we are have already filtered them for you. We are going to reveal some of the best equestrians helmets of all time.
Best Horse Riding Helmets 2020
Best Horse Riding Helmets
Check Price on Amazon
1. One K Women's Defender
2. Troxel Spirit Horseback
3. Tipperary Sportage Equestrian
4. Ovation Women’s Protege
5. Troxel Dakota Horseback
6. IRH Equi-Pro Helmet
7. Tontron Velvet Texture
8.Charles Owen Ayr8 Helmet
9. Medalist Riding Helmet
10. Troxel Legacy Schooling
How to Choose a Perfect Horseback Riding Helmet
While choosing the best horse riding helmet for yourself, you must consider the factors given below:
Material is the most important factor to look at before purchasing a low profile or trail riding helmet. Starting with the first or outer layer of the helmet. This layer protects you from the earth objects you may come in contact with due to accidents in horse riding. The mostly outer layer is made of either plastic or fiberglass materials. Most of the brands we have listed in our top 10 list use the ABS technology in their outer layer that distributes the impact evenly all over the helmet.
The inner layers in helmets mainly made of cushions. It provides comfort and cushioning to the rider. You should always go for a helmet that has cushion padding inside the helmet because it also helps when your helmet strikes with a sharp object. It reduces its effect on damage.
After that comes the fabric lining of the helmet, that allows the upper and outer layers to work together.
The next important factor to consider is the helmet’s size. You should definitely wear a helmet of perfect size, this will definitely help you if you are a trail rider or participates in sports. If the helmet will slip while riding the horse then definitely it’s not your fit, just change it to the smaller size. You should always check your helmet size by moving your head in a circle and if it slips then you must go for a smaller size.
You should always choose a lightweight helmet for horse riding because it gives you comfort. When you are comfortable while riding then you can focus on winning or on your goal easily.
Always check if the helmet is certified by the ASTM standard. These standards assure that you are receiving a genuine helmet.
Ventilation is also an important factor you should definitely consider before buying a horse riding helmet. Check if there are enough ventilation holes that make a helmet breathable and sweat-free. So always choose a helmet according to your needs and in your budget using the above factors.
Top 10 Horseback Riding Helmets Reviews
We have searched, compared more than 100 helmets and we have filtered the top 10 horse riding helmets available in the market right now. The good news is that all these 10 helmets are available on Amazon. So there is no need to go anywhere for the perfect helmet that will fulfill your needs. I wish that your search for finding an excellent horse riding helmet will end here. Let’s get started with the first one.
One K Women’s Defender Glossy Helmet
- It contains advanced ABS composite outer cell that distributes impact power into the whole body of the helmet. So if you assume that the collision power of your helmet is 10 then it will be decreased by 1:10. Most of the time even if you are wearing a helmet you get an injury in your head. It happens because maybe your helmet does not have an ABS composite outer cell.
- Yes, It’s a little bit expensive but it will save the most vulnerable part of your body. As we all know nothing is more important than your life, I will definitely say you will not regret buying this helmet.
- It has an injection-molded cell design that gives you a better outer cell finish. You can easily find a color in this helmet that can match to your other riding gear.
- This helmet also has the moisture-wicking and anti-microbial liner quality that helps in sweating and slippage. As it is made of leather, it does not absorb moisture and get bulky.
- It is easily washable and quick dry. Washing frequently will definitely increase its lifespan.
- It uses a stainless steel mesh for high durability and long life.
- This helmet uses a foam-padded harness with synthetic suede lining for comfort.
- Certified by ASTM and CE EN standards.
Troxel Spirit Horseback Riding Helmet
- If you are looking for an excellent horseback riding helmet under a low budget then Troxel is the best option.
- Now available in several new low profile designs and dial fit technology works together to provide the best riding experience.
- Available in extra small size for kids.
- Dropback design that increases safety.
- It is SEI / ASTM certified.
- Easy adjustment for comfort using soft touch.
Tipperary Sportage Equestrian Sport Helmet
- Made with impact absorption technology that gives extra safety while horseback riding.
- A countered drop back shell increases its head protection and stability.
- High-quality ventilation function for sweating relief during the ride.
- Newly designed according to the latest fashion.
- Best for intermediate horse riders.
- Very lightweight but provides superior protection while impacts.
- Great for a night ride. On its rear portion, there is a rear reflective strip and flexible visor that signs and shows your helmet in the night.
Ovation Women’s Protege Riding Helmet
- It has so many vents to allow air to flow through easily. Very comfortable for sweating.
- It offers an extended back shell for extra protection. It will keep you safe in any type of major impact.
- Washing is very easy.
- It offers an adjustable dial to ensure a great fit.
- Certified by SEI/ASTM.
- Available in different colors and sizes.
- It is ideal for women.
Troxel Dakota Horseback Riding Helmet
- Redesigned as per customer needs. It gives you a decent look while riding.
- Dakota is the lightest helmet with superior protection available in the market.
- It has an extended sun visor that gives you extra UV protection while riding.
- It has sufficient vents that allow easy airflow in the helmet.
- Pro hatband for comfortable fitting.
IRH Equi-Pro Helmet
- Sufficient vents for airflow. It keeps your head cool while riding.
- Lining pulls have the ability to dry very fast. It’s perfect for moisture-wicking and helps you remain comfortable while riding.
- Easy custom-fit technology. Just turn the dial at the back for customizing and adjustment.
- Great safety against heavy collisions.
Tontron Velvet Texture Equestrian Helmet
- Top-notch 7 enhance flow vents for ventilation. Best for avoiding sweat and moisture.
- Certified by CE 1384 standard.
- It has an easily adjustable dial for great comfort.
- Available in different colors and sizes.
- It also has a high strength outer shell that keeps you safe during small or heavy collisions.
- It’s easily washable and dry quickly.
Charles Owen Ayr8 Helmet
- Charles Owen helmet has soft flow ventilation holes in the front side and in the rear side of the helmet, that helps you remain sweat-free and moisture-free.
- It also has an anti-microbial liner which is great for sweat and odor protection.
- It has an excellent low profile design that keeps you in trend.
- Available in different sizes for better comfort.
- This is more expensive than helmets but you definitely will not regret buying it because it gives superior protection to the most vulnerable part of your body.
Medalist Riding Helmet
- Medalist horseback riding helmet provides great protection to your head with comfort.
- Its lining is made of high-tech soft technology then drys lining very fast and keeps the moisture away from your head. So it keeps you cool while riding.
- Certified by SEI and ASTM standards for high-quality products.
- 3 ventilation vents for easy ventilation and breathing.
- Available in different sizes and colors.
Troxel Legacy Schooling
- Troxel legacy schooling helmet is one of the best helmets available in the market.
- It gives you an easy dial-fit system for adjustment and customization.
- The headliner is removable, which means you can wash it easily.
- Famous for a child’s fit. It offers helmets in extra small sizes that’s why it’s very famous among kids.
- Certified by ASTM/SEI for safety and quality.
- Suitable for horseback riding beginners.
So horse riding is not a good idea if you are not using the best equestrian helmet or trail riding helmet. So many horse riding accidents already reported in past years. One K Women’s Defender Glossy Helmet tops our list of horseback riding helmets. Please comment below if you have any problems regarding this article. Thanks