Selecting the best horse riding boots is not an easy task whether for a beginner or an expert as it requires proper skill to analyze material and true fit for oneself. You need to take care of every aspect before buying which is good in terms of safety.
Horse riding is one of the most expensive sports all over the world which requires proper technique and equipment well suited in terms of safety. We will guide you to choose the best from every angle so that you will not miss any point before buying the quality with ease.
You can bookmark this as a user guide for choosing not expensive but quality. You need to choose the boots which will not rub your leg against the saddle and keep them in the right position so that you will not feel any discomfort while riding.
Good quality boots help you to maintain good grip so that your foot not caught in a stirrup, reduce the risk of fall. It is important to choose the best heel size with the perfect material for better comfort with better safety.
You can directly switch to any content with this filtered list. These are some top horse riding boots you can pick.
Best Horse Riding Boots 2020
Best Horse Riding boots
Check Price on Amazon
1. Ariat Men’s Heritage Roper
2. Equi-Essentials Cadet Flex
3. TuffRider Ladies Starter
4. Derby Men's Lined Rubber
5. Dublin Women's Pinnacle
6. Mountain Horse Riding Boots
7. Ad Tec Women's 8" Leather
8. TuffRider Men's Lexington
9. Saxon. Adult's Equileather
10. Roper Women's Crossrider
How to Choose a Perfect Horseback Riding Boots
You can choose the best-suited Boots based on these criteria.
Always try to choose a little loose than your usual size as socks have to be worn due to which they are not very tight on your foot and will not cause any discomfort while riding
Boots Heel size should be 1 inch (2.5 cm) so that it will not lose grip from the stirrup and help you maintain the perfect position.
Remember! Flip-flops, high heels, sandals, clogs, and canvas running shoes keep them aside while choosing to ride.
There is a variety of materials from synthetic to leather. You can opt for material according to the riding experience.
Uses of synthetic boots
- Cheaper than leather boots.
- Lightweight and can be easy to handle for one who is a beginner in horse riding.
- Can be scrubbed with a brush and soap instead of leather boots require proper care.
- Can be used in cold weather lined with a special thermal fabric.
Uses of Leather Boots
- Best in comfort and make good contact against the saddle.
- best suited for expert riders.
- They are best for the rainy season as it will lock the moisture, holding like a suction cup to your foot and will keep it in the right position as not get slippery while riding.
Heavy boots are not suitable for riding as it may cause imbalance and not able to fit properly in the stirrup.
A shoe having wide toe are also a big no for horse riding as they will not fit properly on the sides of the stirrup.
It should not be the first priority while buying any boot but it doesn’t mean you will choose some least bothered boots. Find something which feels good for your foot and help you to perform best in the field.
Mainly there are two types of styles prefer while riding-
Field Boots- Include laces on the front of the foot. They are designed to provide correct leg position while riding.
Dress Boots– They are made of stiffer leather and are soft at the ankle. They are high at the knee to create an elongated leg in the saddle.
Remember Horse riding is an expensive hobby with the risk involved at any point so keep the focus on good pair of boots which are not very cheap and not very expensive so to invest your saving in one pair of boots only.
You can choose your boots according to the criteria that suit best for you with our guide from choosing not expensive but quality keeping every aspect in mind.
Top 10 Horseback Riding Boots Reviews
We have filtered the top 10 Riding Boots which will fulfill all your requirement from any criteria whether from Material, style, and many more. We have research more than 100 boots and pick the top 10 best-rated boots suits in every condition. You can directly check out these boots from amazon only without wasting time.
Ariat Men’s Heritage Roper Western Cowboy Boot
- Gel cushioned footbed for shock absorption which provides less impact on feet.
- Lightweight composite forked shank for better stability.
- Duratread outsole for maximum resistance against oil or any slippery material.
- Full leather construction which is stirrup friendly outsole design.
- It is more durable, having a great fit for long life.
Equi-Essentials Cadet Flex Ladies Rubber Boot
- It has an elastic insert for greater comfort and easy on and off.
- Great boots for wide calf rider which looks elegant with good style.
- Weatherproof with stylish black rubber design.
- Waterproof with Tough, Durable, and having moisture wicking advantage.
- No half size available only available in the whole size.
TuffRider Ladies Starter Front Zip Paddock Boots
- If you are riding occasionally then these boots are best to choose.
- The zip front makes it easier for on and off with better foot balance while riding.
- Easy to clean having synthetic material and can be used in any weather condition due to PVC outsole.
- Rounded Toe for perfectly crafted maximum safety with feet appears shorter.
- Spur Rest for better comfortable riding and will avoid stress on foot with elastic Gussets for better flexibility.
Derby Men’s Lined Rubber Boot
- Fully lined to absorb moisture and sweat.
- Beautifully designed for good appearance to flaunt with various styles.
- Waterproof with Durable construction which can cross any condition life throws your way.
- Molded PVC with no external line and best fitting at an affordable price.
- You can get the whole size of these pairs of shoes of course with a stylish and elegant look with comfort rich quality.
Dublin Women’s Pinnacle Equestrian Boot 2138-Pinnacle
- Rubber sole with perfect heel size of 0.5 inches.
- Russet leather is treated as fully waterproof with fully waterproof lining.
- High-density foam heel support absorbs vibration impact from stirrup with proper comfort and moisture lock via the soles.
- Breathable insole and EVA molded cup give comfortable enough to give whole day support.
- It has wide fitting around the ankle which may cause a little discomfort.
Mountain Horse Riding Boots
- Full leather construction well crafted for excellent support with quality performance.
- Flex notch supports good comfort for ankle and especially designed technology for moving the ankle.
- Full-length YKK vislon zipper in the back and high-density outsole boot.
- Tampered steel shank for better durability with proper grip.
- It is an expensive one but with heel position with the unique Mountain Horse Prolaze-Flexnotch Technology makes it unique.
Ad Tec Women’s 8″ Leather Packer Boot
- Orthotic removable insole cushion for extra comfort with oil resistance sole provides secure footing.
- Leather boots with many attractive colors with a rubber sole.
- Style is very elegant with a different variety of designs.
- The heel is high for riding i.e 1.5” which may cause discomfort.
- These are not expensive at all to invest for an elegant look and perfect sole fitting.
TuffRider Men’s Lexington Waterproof Tall Boots
- Made with 100% waterproof leather and lining which is totally weather friendly.
- You can wash the stain with every ride with just cloth soak with water or sponge.
- Reliable rubber sole with proper grip with round toe design easy to wear with comfort.
- Memory Foam Insoles with comfort guarantee every time you wear with rubber outsole.
- Fits well on the ankle with adjustable strings and comes with attractive color.
Saxon. Adult’s Equileather Half Chaps
- 100% made with synthetic easy to clean and maintain.
- Both side YKK zipper for easy on and off with snap closure at the bottom to secure the zipper.
- Easy care – Just wipe the dirt with a wet cloth and easily hand-washed.
- Elastic calf for proper stretch to ensure proper fit with leather lining.
- Soft and grippy texture with proper comfort and slim with slim calf design.
Roper Women’s Crossrider Western Boot
- Leather material with a rubber sole with soft support insole.
- Forged steel shank for support and stability with perfect ¾ inch heel size while riding.
- Handcrafted boots a great choice for style, fit, and comfort.
- The Shaft measures approx ankle-high from arch which is good for people who not prefer long boots.
- It has good width suitable for wide foot size people and easy to use with high durability.
Few Tips to choose the perfect fit for longer comfort
Always measure your foot size, calf, and height every time before buying because the calf size may vary so that it may not become too tight or too loose after purchase.
Every brand size is different in measurement so don’t assume to be ok for every brand. Be more careful while choosing the size.
Wear your boots first for some short amount of time at home or go for a short walk as a need to check any blistering to your skin which may cause difficulty while riding.
Wear good quality socks which will protect your foot skin better from inside.